Syntactically Attached




I am like a word or a 'lil chunk of phrases. 
a balderdash of mere irrelevant symbols, 
a lexical unit far removed from its syntactical web;
And my grammatical sense, I find, only
within the thread of your helical sentence.

I might be a subjective noun,
'Proper' am I at times, 
Yet 'common' and generic in its semantic nuance.

Ehr, myself is a lousy term and a barren word, indeed!;
am only good and alive when flavored with your honeyed adjective. 

Other times, I imagine myself a verb 
and you the beautiful subject.
I can be very mood-y and tense-d
Yet I promise to 'agree' with you, by all means. 

Know that my subjunctives, imperatives & indicatives are you;
Your 'facts,' 'desires,' and 'oughts' 
are essentially inflected within the  grammatical fabric of my moods.

For we are, in a word, "grammatically intertwined"
By commas, our discrete phrases are divided, 
yet our fragmentary clauses are meaningfully united. . .
Our modifiers can dangle and flout 
But they are reconciled
in the language games of our love.



Comments

Popular Posts

Story of Hinilawod

GOMBURZA: The Execution of the Three Priests

OUR JOURNEY COUNTS BETTER