Fallen Heart: The Machinery of Delusions




I've had my shares of over-loving a woman so much at the expense of my own self. I once thought that loving a girl in a way that she gets everything she wants would turn out everything just perfect. I really had thought that she would love me back with the same intensity as I did to her. Until time comes where our relationship gets colder and torpid. My ex-girlfriend no longer appreciates the little thing I've made for her. Every gesture of love, so to say, turned out to be just an obligatory thing I am required to do, rather than reckoning it as an undeserved favor she ought to cherish for herself. She did not value it and she just replaced me when she'd had everything she needed from me.

My world torn apart, my heart bruised and broken into shards, every splinter that fell off the ground wounded my feet as I walked along the corridors of griefs.

And these are my realizations:

Don't let your heart manipulate your mind to create the identity of the person so dear to you. He/she has an identity independent of the dictates of your heart. Take note that our fallen heart has its own ideals. It often deceives us, much as it does with our mind, forcing us to believe otherwise.

But what our eye and mind sees is most likely what really that person is. Never be blinded, let alone discredit every evil he/she does to you. Every action done is a dynamic outworking of the character of one. While love embraces imperfections, it does not overlook evil, nor advocate tolerance. Love rather accepts flaws, yet it seeks to mortify and reform it

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Story of Hinilawod

GOMBURZA: The Execution of the Three Priests

OUR JOURNEY COUNTS BETTER