English Majors Got Pressured!


Written By: JEZREEL MADSA


Poblacion, TALISAY CITY – Talisay City College just launched last September 6, 2017 the long-awaited Literary Competition as part of the 2017 Grand Intramural events. The BSED English department got the edge to pull off the sure win in most areas of competition, albeit admitted to be badly pressured.

Miss Mariel Egot got the first place in the Spoken Poetry Contest, Jessan Obeso outmatched her opponents in The Spelling Bee Competition after winning a crucial battle with the rest of the representatives from other departments. Meanwhile, Jezreel Madsa, the outstanding representative of BSED-English IV managed only to get the second place in Extemporaneous Speaking Competition thereby ensuring the silver medal for his department.

The English Major representatives altogether admitted that their opponents were as closely as good as them even if they are not of the same course major as the former .

“I was too encumbered with showing off the judges my research-based inputs. So much that I barely hit the target. I was supposed to cut to the chase and answer the question outright with less mumbo-jumbo. Well, that’s life, after all. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. For me, it’s a matter of stepping up from the failures I did and soon rise back as a champ.” Jezreel said.

Such were the statements of Jezreel after he experienced a fair setback from his speech. But the judges noted that the fight was pretty close. Moreover, other competitors blurted out:

“The competition was really tough. My opponents cannot be underestimated” Says Jessan Obesso.

She likewise did not expect that her opponents would give her a hard-hitting match. The competition was fairly crucial. Mariel Egot, on the other hand, shares the same sentiment:

“I really had thought I would not make it to the first place, since the first guy who performed did have almost all the qualities of a silver-tongued poet. But, I guess, I won because I was able to navigate my emotion to jive with the lines I spoke.”said Mariel Egot.

Everyone wanted to get the gold. But the advantage fell off the lot of the English Majors.

Comments

Popular Posts

Story of Hinilawod

GOMBURZA: The Execution of the Three Priests

OUR JOURNEY COUNTS BETTER