I Love You Despite




i only saw you dear
from a distance 
yet your poem 
finds home 
in the 
inmost pith 
of my remembrance

Poetry has been your courier
And so do I
Like dove they fly 
Your love receive I:
from this poor 
divided screen
through this
unseen portal 
of our wifi.
I love you despite. 

Love's still born. Still lives.
Still breathes and still fights. 
For the absence of
actual sight
Does not dim
its existential light. 

Hence the Scriptures say
Whom having not seen,
you love
you rejoice inexpressibly 
Full of happiness 
Abound in glory. 

Love bridges the breach
And brings us closer by an inch
Distance is abolished
Anxiety is diminished.
Love surpasses everything!

And it awaits for the end 
When face to face we'll meet 
and feel the movement of
your lips as it 
ventures to utter the wondrous
piece of our sonnets.

Comments

Popular Posts

Story of Hinilawod

GOMBURZA: The Execution of the Three Priests

OUR JOURNEY COUNTS BETTER