Last Will and Testament: An Essay

"The flower blooms but no sooner it will wither"

 For over the past years of my sojourning here in this world, I've come to the verge of my farewell, looking behind the struggles and battles that I've won from the arena of yore. I've been fallen several times but was not totally cast down. I've always been given a hand by the Almighty to continue the warfare of my life. I've labored all my life to become the person my Creator designed me to be. In fact, I excelled above my peers in my resoluteness and courage


I've become the genius in the class, the philosopher who mesmerized the simpletons with my acuity and scholarship. 

But with all the fame and reputation I garnered from the deathmatch of my conquest, I still believe that I am merely an ant standing the shoulder of the giants. That without these people who lifted me up from the lowest pit of my smallness, my gaze and perspective would not rise above the surface of the mediocre. I've seen the world in its widest vista by virtue of the books that I've read and by the teachers who mentored me to become a full-blown polymath yet remaining the jack of all trades.

Comments

Popular Posts

Story of Hinilawod

GOMBURZA: The Execution of the Three Priests

OUR JOURNEY COUNTS BETTER