Sigh No More: A Little Narrative


SIGH NO MORE
Written by Jezreel Madsa

There was this one birthday where I had thought that my ex- girlfriend would make special greetings for me, or should I say, make surprises. My mind the night before my birthday wandered and had made guesswork what bolt from the blue should I expect. I just had had this special longing to be given importance with, especially the people whom I considered so dear in my heart. Hence, I fell off flat on the bed as early as I would and had this excitement for tomorrow’s wake where mirth and celebration awaited. But little did I know that my family forgot what day it was, and my ex-girlfriend was too busy with her school work so much that she greeted me late—i.e. she greeted me the day only after my birthday.

It was by that time where I broke down to pieces. My expectation tore me apart. I realized later on that it’s not good to expect too much, but it was also an eye-opener on my part because it enabled me to see my real worth for other people’s esteem. I had sensed the real standing of my value and it was by that experience that led me to expect no more from people. I became content to be just nobody. At some crucial point, the disappointments given by people do not impede your happiness to come out. 

Guess what, in the wake of my dejection, I have begun to live peacefully alone. Being an introvert has been the haven for most people who are not given importance by the people around them.

Comments

Popular Posts

Story of Hinilawod

GOMBURZA: The Execution of the Three Priests

OUR JOURNEY COUNTS BETTER